Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I Couldn't Wait

You see, I've been working all this here overtime, and making all this here money -- to pay bills and such, you know.

Sometimes, I get just a little rebellious, though.  So it was that while I was sitting here over the weekend, I said to myself, "Self, by golly, I'm going to spend some of this here money I've been working all this here overtime to make."  And, by golly, I did.

I was going to wait until everything I'd ordered arrived and post it all at once, but when I saw what had arrived today, I couldn't wait.  And what was said arrival that got me so excited, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you.  It was a new wax stamp!


This one is a compass rose.


Naturally, the first thing I did was to try it out.  It's a bit larger than my Yggdrasil stamp, so it's going to take a minute to get the hang of it.  I didn't quite get enough wax melted this try. 


I would have played with it more, but after thinking about it, I decided I needed to mow my back yard before it got to the point I had to apply for a safari permit to go outside. 

But I digress...

And of course, what good is a fancy schmancy wax stamp without some fancy schmancy parchment looking paper upon which to write things to put into those envelopes I will then seal with said fancy schmancy wax stamp?


And just for the heck of it, I threw this movie into my shopping cart, too.


I haven't seen it yet, but everyone who has said it's really, really good. 

Maybe I'll watch it this weekend, while writing letters with with my fountain pen, on my parchment, and sealing them up with my wax. 

Yeah, I can't wait!








No comments: