Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Well, That's That

I know blogging has been slow lately.  There is a physiological reason for it, though.  See, I've been filling in for another coworker who is off on maternity leave.  It's not a hard job, but it uses a completely different set of muscles.  Said muscles are now quite sore.

Particularly sore are my right wrist and forearm, which kind of puts a damper on writing.

The bad news is, she had a C-section, so she won't be back for a full 8 weeks.  I'm already four weeks into it, and you'd think by now my muscles would be over being sore, but they aren't.  Therefore, posts will be brief for a while.

Not to mention, nothing interesting is happening.  Unless you count the beginning of tornado season.  Which apparently starts tonight.  

Yep, we're anticipating some severe weather tonight and into tomorrow.  Seems like it's going to be pretty bad, because the dogs are already getting nervous.  In anticipation of said anticipated bad weather, I brought my flag inside.  Don't want a repeat of what happened last time. 

Especially since I just got my flag pole fixed. 

The other interesting thing that happened was that Sunday, Cody and his roommate Dejuan came for a visit.



When they got here, they wanted to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, since neither of them had seen it.  After that, Cody wanted Dejuan to see Guardians of the Galaxy, so we rented that and watched it, too. 

They enjoyed the movies, but Rylea was quite distressed by their presence.  "There's people on my couch,"  she said. 


Along about 7:00, they left to go visit Cody's friend Chad for a bit before heading back to Jackson.  Rylea was very relieved to have her couch back.


"Ahhh, I wuvs you, couch," she said. 

The bad news is, remember all those paintings with which I was going to decorate his bedroom?  He decided he needed to take them with him, with which to decorate his house.  "Our walls are bare," he said. 

I guess I can start with a clean slate, then. 

Time to do a bit of shopping. 


No comments: