Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Muses And Mojo

I know, I know.  It's been a while.  Oh, I've had stuff to blog about, but when I sit down in front of the computer, Calliope deserts me.  Work has been difficult, and then all the nonsense that has been going on around the country.  It's tiresome, and I'm tired.  No, beyond tired.  Weary.  Tolkien would style this as a weariness of the world.  That deep set, down in your bones, soul crushing fatigue. 

I wasn't planning on blogging today, either, but there is that one crazy coworker who, if I go too long without blogging will chase me down, wring my neck, and say, "BLOG, darn it!!"  Wracking my brain, I finally thought of something to blog about, and spent all afternoon mentally composing what I hoped to be a fascinating post.

However, when I got home, all that went out the window, for there in my mailbox was a package.

"Ah," I said.  "It's my package from Amazon."  But when I pulled the package out of the aforementioned mailbox, turns out it wasn't from Amazon at all.  It was from my friend Lisa.  And what was in said package?  It was some yarn! 



Thank you, Lisa!  Mwaaa!

There looks to be enough of the pink to make myself a pair of socks, too.  The purple is just a bit too fuzzy for the blanket, so I might make a hat out of it.   There should be enough for a kid's hat at least.

Oh, but that wasn't all.  Hidden under the yarn was this:


Viking socks!  See the girl at the bottom with the long pigtails?  That's me.  When I was a girl, Laura Ingalls was my hero.  I wanted to be just like her.  I wore my hair in pigtails for years.  At one point, I even took to calling my parents Ma and Pa, until my mother made me quit.  "It makes us sound like hicks," she complained. 

Thank you again, Lisa.  That is the perfect little pick-me-up. 

As if that weren't enough, my knitting mojo has also deserted me, for the most part.  I managed to finish this scarf. 


It ended up being a little shorter than I normally like scarves to be, but it isn't for me anyway, so that doesn't matter.  It's going to end up in the charity box.  I really like the color changes on this one.  With it being finished, I went back and picked this one back up.


This is the first ball of Scarfie that I'd bought -- the one with all the knots.   I'm going to put this one into the charity box, too.  I figured whoever gets it won't care that the color changes aren't as smooth.  It's still going to be warm, and that's what counts. 

My sock continues apace.  I've finished the leg and am ready to start the heel flap. 


I finally got around to watching Age of Ultron.  Civil War makes so much more sense now. 

OK, time for me to go do something about this weariness of the body, now that my soul has been restored. 



'






No comments: