Friday, February 24, 2017

Not A Good Day

I had a post for you yesterday.  Oh, it was going to be a good, good post.  There I was at work, just a working away, mentally composing the good, good post I was planning on posting yesterday, when my friend came up to me and said, "You know that lady that works at the end of our line?  Her boyfriend killed her this morning."

Wow, that really took the shine off my day.  I didn't even know her name.

About an hour later, that same friend came back with an update and said, "Her boyfriend shot her then killed himself.  She's in the hospital."  That brightened my day back up a bit.  According to the local paper, she's in stable condition, despite being shot in the head.  Hopefully, she'll be OK. 

But then, that same friend told me that another coworker -- a fellow brazer -- had had a massive heart attack and wasn't doing well.  That bummed me out again.  Another coworker said that they'd had to defibrillate her several times to bring her back, and when they went to do whatever surgical procedure they did on her, one of her arteries was completely blocked.  She is still in very serious condition.

As if that weren't enough, I got home and found out that another man who had worked at the plant, and had retired a few years ago, had passed away last night.  Overall, yesterday was not a good day.

After all that, telling you about weeds and wheelbarrows just didn't seem right.

What I would have told you is how when I go to work, every day, I say to myself, "When I get home..."  I'm going to do this, and I'm going to get that done, and I'm going to be so busy taking care of stuff.  But when I get home in reality, I end up just sitting.  I tell myself I'm going to sit down and rest for a moment, then do the stuff.  Next thing I know, it's bedtime and none of the stuff has gotten done.

This time, however, I had a bit of an impetus.  You remember all those weeds I had in my front yard?  I'd put down some weed killer, but apparently, didn't git it on there quickly enough, and the weeds had already seeded.  All the rain we've had recently made my yard explode with weeds.  My impetus was that I wanted to get something done about them before they seeded again.  So, Wednesday, I got my trusty lawn mower out,  put it on the lowest setting and scalped my yard.

I hope I got them cut in time this time.  In a couple of weeks, I'm going to spread some Scott's Turf Builder Weed & Feed in the yard.  Maybe that will kill them off for good. 

I was going to cut the weeds in the ditch, too, but it was too muddy.  Thursday, I got the weed killer out and sprayed the ditch really well. 

I was also going to tell you about my wheelbarrow.  I'd been wanting one for a while now, and so I finally broke down and ordered one.  Last Friday, it greeted me when I arrived home from work.

As is typical, I was going to put it together after work, but I was too tired.  I put it in the shed, and said I'd do it Saturday.  Again, I was too tired.  It was Sunday afternoon before I got out and got it put together.  It wasn't too hard, and I've already used it a couple of times.  It will definitely be a boon when it comes time to put my flower beds in. 

Speaking of, I bought some more bulbs.

So, all that rambling was going to be what I talked about yesterday, but didn't after all that bad news.  I did get some good news, though.  Cody texted me and he is coming for a visit Sunday. 

Today I was going to tell you that the last of the five fountain pens I ordered finally arrived.  It's the blue one on the far left.

It's got a much bigger nib than the others, but writes about the same. 

That's what I was going to talk about today, but I'm too tired. 

I think instead, I'm just going to go to bed.


No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails