Monday, February 20, 2017

Slow Progress

Slow progress is still progress, though.  Isn't it?  So, it counts, right?  I'm counting it anyway. 

And what progress did I make? 

I got up in the top of Cody's closet and found those paintings that were up there.  I was right, I think they'll work very nicely in this room.  The two on the wall will probably stay where they are, but I will rehang them so that they are even.  I'd just stuck them on screws that were already in the wall. 


Or maybe not.  I'll know more when I find some other things to hang in there.  It'll be a while, though.  Money is an issue right now.   That's part of the reason things have really slowed down here.  But with the overtime starting back up, hopefully, I can get back in the swing of things. 

Speaking of money, I'm dreading my taxes this year.  It'll be the first time in a long, long time I won't be able to file Head of Household and claim Cody as a dependent.  I know I won't get much back.   I'm just hoping I don't have to pay out. 

Anyway, back to Cody's room...

That small drawing in his headboard is one I made several years ago.  It was a really fun technique in which you cover an entire piece of drawing paper in charcoal, then use a kneaded eraser to pick out the shapes, and finally use a graphite pencil to add details.  Cody'd wanted one for Christmas, so I drew him one.  (Click the link.  He was so little back then!)


Also part of the plan is to clean off the top of this dresser and use the birch bark candles as the base for some sort of decoration there.  I'm thinking maybe a deer statue or something. 


This set of white drawers will be moved into the craft room as soon as I get a place cleared out for it.


I'm going to move that bookshelf out, too and put Cody's gun cabinet where it sets.  Yes, Cody has a gun cabinet.  He doesn't have any guns in it, but he has a cabinet. 

While I was rummaging around in the top of the closet, I found this  print of a lighthouse. 


It was my 15 year anniversary gift from the plant.  I'd forgotten I had it.  I think it'll go pretty well in my bedroom, as soon as I figure out where I want to put it.

Last, but certainly not least, I got my flag pole fixed.  You may recall it got bent in a bad windstorm last fall.  I got my little hacksaw and cut the bent part off, then hung it back up.


Old Glory is at last back where she belongs. 



No comments: