Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Day Of Good

Good news!  Cody does not have strep.  His fever broke a couple of days ago, and his throat wasn't hurting any more.  He decided to go to the doctor anyway to find out why he's been feeling so bad lately.  The doctor gave him a clean bill of health, and said he is probably suffering from anxiety.  He wrote Cody a prescription for anxiety meds, but Cody didn't fill it.  He said he wanted to ask me what I thought first.

That's how you know your children are growing up.  You suddenly get smart again.

Anyway, I told him to try some natural methods of dealing with anxiety first.  Cut back on the sugar and caffeine, get regular exercise, drink chamomile tea and get plenty of sleep.  If that doesn't help, he can always get the prescription filled in a few weeks.

The better news is, he got a job!!  He will be working as a radiation technician assistant at St Dominic's Hospital there in Jackson.  It's a full time job, starting at $10.00 per hour.  I have a feeling that a steady income will do a lot towards relieving his anxiety.  And his mother's.  

I went to the store after work and bought some buttons for Baby Brooklyn's dress.  I keep wanting to call her Baby Brittani, because I called Brittani that for so long.  But now Brit is all grown up and having a baby of her own.  *Sniff...where does the time go?

We have a two day weekend for Memorial Day, and that is my goal for the weekend.  To get Brooklyn's dress finished, wrapped up, and ready to mail.

Lookit!  I've got a gardenia bloom!


I've got several more buds just about to open, too.  I'm worried, though, because the leaves are turning yellow and dying.  I've fertilized them with something specifically for gardenias, and I'm adding coffee grounds to the soil every couple of weeks, but nothing seems to be helping.  I've researched and found that too much fiddling with them will do them more harm than good, so I'm trying to leave them alone for now.  I'm hoping this may just be transplant shock or something.

I've also read that too much water can cause this, and we have had a very, very wet spring this year.  Maybe when the soil dries out a bit, they'll perk up.

I'm trying not to worry too much.  If they die, they die.  I'll spend the rest of the summer improving the soil -- mainly digging all the rocks out and mixing garden soil or potting soil into it.  But there's plenty of earthworms there, so the soil can't be too bad.

Now, I need something to relieve my anxiety.


No comments: