Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Wrapup Part 2

Because yesterday's post was getting a bit long, and I didn't want it to become cumbersome, this is the second half of my weekend wrapup.

Lest you think I've done nothing but work outside, let me show you this.  When I painted my bathroom, I painted the switch plate and outlet cover in my contrast color.   However, those plates being metal, the paint had already started to flake off.  I few weeks ago, I found these wooden ones.  


I bought them, and brought them home, only to discover that I had lost my small paintbrush.  After spending several weeks looking for it, I broke down and bought a new set.  Really, it was cheaper to buy a whole set than one single paintbrush.  Eh, I have extras now.

Be that as it may, I have the plates painted and installed.    


The only thing is, the light switch plate doesn't lie flat against the wall, because the switches themselves kind of stick out.  Eventually, I'm going to get that fixed.  Eventually, I want to have the entire room remodeled.  I mean completely.  New tub, new vanity new drywall.  Everything.  That's going to come much later, though.  I don't have money for it now.

Saturday afternoon, when I was watering my front flower bed, I saw my neighbor Norma and her husband in their front yard.  Norma is the one I worked with for so long.  I thought to myself, "I'm going to be neighborly and walk down there and visit them."  That's what I did.

We got to chatting, and after it dries up really well, her husband (whose name is also James) is going to help me rebuild my patio.  The plan is to build a wooden frame, then move these leftover pieces into it.  We'll use Quickcrete to fill in the rest.


I'm not sure which I'm more looking forward to -- having my patio back or getting that pile of concrete out of my yard.   Speaking of my yard, this stuff has started coming up beside my shed. 


I don't know what it is.  Mrs. Newman says it's all different colors, so we'll just wait and see.  While we're on the subject of different colors, I put a few more squares in my sister's sock yarn blanket. 



I've still got a long, long way to go, though. 


 

No comments: