Friday, April 29, 2016

I Forgot

I forgot to blog yesterday.  Well, I remembered as I was going to bed, but really wanted to go to bed, so you didn't get a post.   Then, when I went to bed, my leg started having muscle spasms.  They started at my hip, and went all the way down to my foot.

I knew I had some tonic water in the refrigerator, I just didn't want to get out of bed and go get some. I kept thinking the spasms would settle down, but they didn't.  Eventually, I had to face the inevitable and get my butt out of bed.  Within a few minutes of drinking the tonic water, my spasms stopped, and I was finally able to get to sleep.  I only wish I'd given in sooner.

Now, to catch you up on what I would have posted yesterday, had I not forgotten to post.  After a very difficult day at work, I went straight to the store and bought some topsoil.  By the time I got home, I got to thinking that I needed to mow.  I had planned on waiting until the weekend, but I saw the forecast, I figured I'd better do it yesterday.  Don't believe me?  Lookit here:


Even though I was hot, tired, and hungry, I dragged the old mower out and got the job done.  That was all I was going to do, but then I got to thinking how long it would be before I had a dry day to finish up my little front flower bed.

After a quick break to cool off and eat a snack, I got out and got that done, too.


I ran out of my stone look border stuff -- which is really plastic -- but had enough to do most of the bed.  I put some of these plain black border things, just to keep my dirt contained until I can get some more.


I got my 12 little clearance marigolds planted, and they're looking very good.  Some of them even have buds coming out.  

It was a good thing I went ahead and got all that done, because it has rained most of the day today.  It got so dark at one point, it looked like it was night outside.  I'd planned on doing my grocery shopping, but decided there isn't anything I need before tomorrow, so I came on home.

More of my little roses are starting to open, but I didn't want to wade through the standing water in my yard to take a picture.  Here is one I took yesterday.



Now, I'm out there telling the rest of those buds to hurry up and bloom, already!!!

I know, I know...patience is a virtue.  It just isn't one I have.



No comments: