Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Grass Seed

Since I had to go to the store anyway to get milk, I wandered on into the garden center.

OK, technically, I didn't wander.  I went straight to the garden center and entered through that door.  I wanted to see what kinds of plants they had that I might want to put into my yard. I was specifically looking for something called a Frost Proof Gardenia.  I'm thinking I might need to have the local nursery to order it for me.  But, there's no harm in looking at Wal-Mart.

While I was wandering through the plants and things they have outside in the parking lot, I picked this one up.


I saw it there in the Wal-mart parking lot, and the two tone pink blooms caught my eye.  I picked it up, and carried it with me while I was looking at what else they have.  About half way through the garden section, I realized I'd begun dead heading it without thinking about it.  I took that as a sign that I'd already adopted this little plant.  I don't remember what it is called.  I actually went outside and read the label, but by the time I got back in and sat down at my computer, I'd forgotten already.   All I remember is that it is a perennial, and takes full sun.  Now, I just have to figure out where to put it.  

Speaking of putting, I got out yesterday after work and moved almost all of the rest of my daffodils. I've got one clump of bulbs I still need to move, but it rained this afternoon, so they'll have to wait.


In the meantime, I got some grass seed for my front yard.



On the back, it says that this package of seeds will cover an area the size of 1/3 of a tennis court.  I'm thinking, huh?  A tennis court?  Now, if you told me how much of a football field it would cover, then I'd know what you were talking about.  It says 1000 sq ft.  My front yard is pretty small, and I think this will do.  I was going to go back and get a dirt rake after I'd gotten my milk, but by then, I was tired and ready to go.  I'll get the dirt rake another day.

I'd bought these a few weeks ago, and it's finally warm enough that I think I'll be safe planting them this weekend.


I'm going to scatter them along my fence on the West side of my back yard.  

As you can tell, I've got a lot of plans for my yard, and you'll all be able to live vicariously through the blog.




No comments: