Monday, April 18, 2016

I Can't Put My Arms Down

Or up.  Or anywhere else for that matter. 

I finally got the chance to get my new weedeater out and play with it.  I mowed the entire yard first, because it's supposed to start raining again.  I figured I'd better get the grass knocked down while I had a chance. 

Speaking of rain, my hometown still hasn't quite dried out from the last big flood a few weeks ago.  Now, it's flooding again. 


Anyway, while I was mowing, I realized that my yard had more weeds than actual grass.  I guess the next step will be to get some weed killer.  After mowing, I put my weedeater together and started trying to knock down that monkey grass.  That stuff is tuff, I tell ya.  I got about half of it on the East side of the house cut back and just a little bit by the front porch. 

Yesterday afternoon, the previous owner stopped by.  She was in the area, and came to visit with some of the neighbors, so she came on over to my house.  She was telling me how much she loved that monkey grass, and how beautiful she thought it was.  I didn't have the heart to tell her I was planning on digging it all up. 

Well, I weed eated until I ran out of string.  You know how they put just a little bit on the spool when you buy the thing?  I used it all up.  I have some more, but by that time, my arms were too tired for me to fool with reloading the spool.  I put the weedeater up, came inside, and took a shower.  It still felt like my arms were vibrating. 

If it's not raining tomorrow, I'll come home and cut some more back.

It's a never ending job, yard work.  


No comments: