Friday, April 15, 2016

One Of Those Days

As soon as I woke up this morning, I knew it was going to be one of those does not play well with others kind of days.  Fortunately for my coworkers, I recognized this before I left the house and managed to make it through the work day without beating anyone to death with a chair.

Then I had to go to Wal-mart.  Making it out of there without beating anyone to death with a chair was a miracle of truly epic proportions.

Be that as it may, today was payday.  Even better, it was the payday in which I get my perfect attendance bonus.  Whoopee!

With said perfect attendance bonus, I was able to buy the long anticipated weed eater.
 

I debated a while on whether to get a gas powered one or a lithium battery one, but in the end, the gas powered weedeater won.   Tomorrow, when I get home from work, I can begin Operation Monkey Grass.

The plan was to cut the grass down short with the weedeater, then use the shovel to dig up what was left.  Late last night, in a fit of insomnia, I thought to myself, "Dummy!  You have the greatest garden tool ever invented in the whole history of garden tools.  Use the claw!"



Brilliance!  I love clawing things.  It's therapeutic, in a twisted sort of way.

Since I was in the garden center anyway...you guessed it.  Big marigolds.


Vincas


and a few more clearance marigolds.


They still don't have any zinnias, though.  I'll just leave a space for them.  I guess I'd better get my bed started, then.  All these plants need a place to live.


No comments: