Saturday, March 05, 2016

When I Get A Little Money

There I was at work, just a working away, when I began thinking about tomorrow.

March 6 is the 180th anniversary of the fall of the Alamo, or as my dad used to call it, "Alamo Fell Day".  I was thinking about how I would observe the day.  What I would do to commemorate it.  I've got a The Alamo movie with John Wayne and Richard Widmark.  I'll probably watch that.

I might make a Texas shaped cake in my Texas shaped cake pan.  Then I remembered that I made a Texas shaped cake for my birthday a few years ago.  I took it over next door to Beverly and James' house.  James went to cut the cake and asked me which part I wanted.  I said, "I want home."  So he cut the part of the cake where my hometown is located.  He went around the table, and instead of saying, "I want this edge or that corner" we were saying which town we wanted.  We had some Texas folks around that table, I tell ya.

Speaking of, Former Group Leader Fernando came over to borrow my tube cutter.  He had some rather...um..interesting pants on.  I said, "I like your britches."  He laughed and said, "Britches?"  I told him it's a Texas thing.  It's what us Texas folks say.

But I digress...

I was thinking about how to commemorate the Fall of the Alamo tomorrow.  I remembered my daddy had a book about the siege.  I couldn't remember what it was called.  I just remembered it was written by Walter Lord.  As soon as I got home, I looked it up on Amazon.

Then I bought it. 


Then I bought a book about the Titanic.


And one about the attack on Pearl Harbor. 



Thus proving the old adage attributed to Erasmus also applies to me.

When I get a little money, I buy books.
  If any is left, I buy food and clothes.   

Clearly, I have a problem. 

Um, I'm pleading the 5th. 









No comments: