Monday, March 14, 2016

I'm Back!

I took a little break from blogging, mostly due to a pretty severe carpal tunnel flare up.  It was the worst one I've ever had, but it seems to be settling back down now.  I'm still trying to use the mouse with my left hand, which is interesting to say the least.  Needless to say, I've got a bit of catching up to do.

But first things first:  we have daffs!


I wasn't sure they were going to bloom, since it was so late that I got them into the ground.  I'm happy to see that most of them seem to be doing well.  I'm going to move them, though, once I figure out where to put them.  I'd just stuck them into the beds behind my house so they wouldn't rot out in the storage shed.

I've still got a bucket full of spider lily bulbs I need to get into the ground.  I need to go ahead and plant them now, while the ground is still soft from all this rain.  I may do that next weekend.  Yes, they're giving us this coming Saturday off, but making us work Easter weekend.  As one of my co-workers said, "It's almost like they want us to hate working here."

Do you remember all those books I ordered?  They've finally started arriving.





I've got one more book that is on the way.

Then I ordered a move and a game. 


I'd never seen this version of The Alamo, but I must say, it's a pretty good retelling of the events of that siege.  It's a whole lot better than the John Wayne version.  The best part of that one was Richard Widmark. 

That game is one a FB friend recommended.  I'd put it into my cart, and when I went to order the movie, I saw it had been marked down to $8, so I said, "what the heck" and went on and bought it.  I got it installed on my computer, but haven't played it yet.  This going to bed at 7:30 really cuts into my free time.  But, when you get up at 3:30, you do what you gotta do. 

I know I haven't been working on my house much lately.  I just haven't felt like it.  One of my friends said I might be more into it when spring comes.  Maybe.  My biggest accomplishment since buying Cody's curtains (which I haven't finished hanging yet) is to put the doors back onto my bathroom cabinet. 


It's amazing how such a simple thing makes the room look so much neater.  Next on the agenda is to hang the mirrored cabinet over the sink. 

Finally, there has been knitting, too.  Remember the hat I cast on a week or so ago?  I got the cuff done, and halfway through the first pattern repeat when I discovered a pretty serious error.  It was the kind that would take more doing to fix than to just rip it all out and start over.  That's what I did.  I only got a few rounds done on the cuff when a lady posted in my town's FB group about needing to find some booties for her preemie son. 

Naturally, I found a pattern and whipped one out really quick. 


I asked her how big her baby's feet were, so I'd know how big to make the booties, but I haven't heard back from her. 

The good news is, I think I found my newest charity project.  Soon, you will be inundated with more baby bootie pictures than you ever wanted to see.

Don't believe me?  Remember when I got on the hat kick?  Yeah, that. 

Because I can't ever do anything halfway. 







No comments: