Thursday, March 17, 2016

Spring

Maybe not by the calendar just yet, but there are flowers everywhere.  I got more daffs blooming than I expected, since I got them into the ground so late.  I went out yesterday to pick some more, and my neighbor was in her yard.  She got so excited to see them that I couldn't bear to pick them.

I waited until she went back inside and then picked them. 


We chatted a bit, and I mentioned that I need to buy a lawn mower soon.  When I got home from work today, she had mowed my front yard for me!  She's really nice.  She just likes to talk a lot.   She doesn't like to listen so much, but she does like to talk.

I'm starting to plan my flower beds and stuff.  I probably won't do a whole lot this year.  I want to see what the previous owner had planted, and what of that I want to keep.  I still have a bunch of spider lily bulbs I need to get into the ground.  I think I'm going to plant them along my fence line.  And of course, you will get to go through all that with me.

In the meantime, here is a pair of preemie booties, with my lens cap for scale.



I think I may have found my new knitting addiction. 

No comments: