Friday, March 04, 2016

Thanks For The Heads Up

I left work after a long and tiring day.  I paid some bills, ran a couple of errands, and headed home.

Then I got a text from Cody which read, "Just a heads up.  I'll be home for spring break tomorrow."
 
I'm a fairly light eater, but I didn't think the boy would be content to live on peanut butter sandwiches and Ramen noodles all week.  Back into town I go.  I picked up some stuff for him to eat, then wandered down the clearance aisle. I'm forever losing my pocket knives,  so when I saw this one marked down to $15, it seemed like a natural choice to buy it.


I was even happier when I got to the checkout and it rang up for only $9.  Yeah, I'll live with that!

I grabbed this one out of the book bargain bin.  It was $5.  But it's leather and has scriptures in it.


A couple of days ago, some FB friends were talking about the musical Cats.  It's one I have on VHS, and I haven't been able to watch it in years.  While they were talking, I thought to myself, "Self, you ought to go to Amazon and see if they have it on DVD."  That's what I did, and that's what you see here.



I'd forgotten how good it was. 





No comments: