Monday, March 28, 2016

Third Time

A couple of weeks ago, I started knitting on a hat.  It's got a provisional cast on, then when you finish the ribbing, you're supposed to undo the cast on, and knit the two ends together, to form a doubled band.  Then you go into the pattern.

Halfway through the first pattern repeat, I found I'd made a pretty serious error when joining the two sides of the band.  I tried to ignore it, but it would not be ignored.  I took the better part of valor, ripped the whole thing out, and started over.

I got the ribbing done, but when I joined the two sides together, somehow I messed up.  I ended up with three stitches left over on one of the sides.

"I give up," I said.  I ripped it out and cast on a regular hat.  I got about two rounds done, and said, "No, dadgum it.  I'm not going to let this hat beat me.  I'm determined to get this pattern done."  I ripped that out and started over a third time.  Just a couple more rounds and it will be time again to join the two edges.


You know what they say, the third time is a charm.  Or else it's three strikes you're out.  Whatever.

I'm not going to attempt it today.  I'm too tired.  Tomorrow should be better, since they cut out my 5 AM mornings again.  We'll see how long that lasts this time.

In the meantime, I knit another pair of girl preemie booties.



The good news is, I found some of my circular needles, so I can make some matching hats.









No comments: