Thursday, March 24, 2016

I Lawnmowed

I lawnmowed after work today.  I didn't intend to.  It just kind of happened. 

I had a very long day at work.  I went in at my usual 5 AM, and had to stay late, until 4 PM.   An 11 hour work day.  I haven't done that in a while.  I had planned on going to the store, but I decided not to.  Instead, I went to the gas station and filled up my car and my gas can.  So I could mow Saturday afternoon. 

When I got home, I took the gas can and put it into the shed.  I said to myself, "Self, I'm going to go ahead and put this lawnmower together, so it'll be ready to go when I want to mow."  I got my owner's manual and finished putting the lawnmower together -- which mostly involved putting the handle into position (from the shipping position) and putting the grass catcher on.  That was the hardest part.  At one point, I muttered, "I'm getting my butt kicked by this piece of plastic."  But I persevered, and got the stupid thing put together and attached.

Then I said, "Self, I'm going to go ahead and put gas and the oil into this lawnmower, so it'll be ready to go when I want to mow."  I added the oil, and filled up the gas tank, then I said, "Self, I'm going to take this here lawnmower outside and crank it up, just to see if I can start it." 

It took a couple of tries to get the knack of it, but I got it started.  I pushed it a little and got so excited, I shouted, "Look!  It's lawnmowing!!"  I pushed it a little farther.  Then I pushed it a little farther...

I mowed my side yard, which had gotten pretty bad, and my front yard.  I haven't done the back yard, because I've got a lot of sticks to pick up. 

All this before I even changed out of my work clothes. 

Now, I need to buy a weedeater. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your new toy..mower, beautiful darlin'. 😀 BTW: I never use the grass catcher.. Does it work well? I think it is a drag on the mower I have an acre with 185 trees on it. It eats mowers. I buy a new mower once every two to three years. From riding mowers to cheap plastic mowers. Even numerous oil changes and service contracts at Western Auto. I have a new mower and three broken one stashed in a clearing behind the house. I need to take them to the county dump after they are drained of oil . Love your blogs. You are an awesome knitter and blogger....😎