Monday, October 12, 2015

When Things Don't Go As Planned

Yeah, I had plans for the weekend. 

I'd planned on stripping the paint from my bathroom door frame.  That was going to be my big project.  I was going to strip the old paint, sand the frames down, and repaint them until I could afford to replace them.  Alas, try as I might, I couldn't get the can of stripper open.  Even after hacking the plastic child proof ring from the cap, it still wouldn't come loose.

I have some pliers somewhere.  I looked all over the house for them, but I couldn't find them. I thought I'd left them at work.  No problem.  I'd just check when I went back this morning.  But after searching my locker and my tool bag, the aforementioned pliers were nowhere to be found.  Thus, paint has not gotten stripped.  I'm sure they will turn up eventually, but for now, I'll just have to live with what I've got. 

The other plan for the weekend was to get my yarn/craft closet organized.  This is as far as I got. 

 
I got my shelving units out of the shed and set them up in the closet, but haven't gotten my yarn put into it.  I sat all weekend thinking, "I have so much I need to be doing", and I didn't do any of it.  All I did was sit in front of the TV.  I guess I just needed a break. 

The entire weekend wasn't a total loss, though.  I got the snake heaters all plugged in, so they are ready for chilly weather.  I browsed some used cars on Auto Trader and True Car websites.  I found some possibilities for a new vehicle for me.  I'm going to try to go look at some later this week. 

And I found a bedroom knitting project.



This is a scarf I started years and years ago from some yarn which was leftover after knitting one of my nephews a sweater.  I'd gotten this far when I realized that I would never finish this scarf. 

I was going to wind the yarn into a cake, but I can't find my ball winder.  Sigh...So, I just started knitting from the end of this scarf.  Once it gets long enough, I'll show you what I'm knitting.

As if that weren't enough, I get to work this morning, and have the Happy Birthday song stuck in my head all day.  Then I get home and they were working on the Cable, so no TV or internet.  Tomorrow, I have to be at work at 5:30 for Code of Conduct classes and insurance meetings. 

I think I'm going to throw in the towel on this day. 

Good night.


No comments: