Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Almost Done

We are almost done getting all this paperwork from my trailer house in order.  The buyer's bank called me yesterday and said that the mortgage company had sent them the release of lien.  I called Steve -- the buyer-- and today right after work, we went to the court house and applied for the title.  Since my name was on the lien, I'll have to get the title in my name, then transfer it to Steve.  They'll send the title to me in about 10 days, then all I'll have to do is sign the back and take it to his bank.  I hope that will be the last thing I need to do in that regard.

While I was in town, I went next door to the county clerk's office and updated the address on my voter registration.  She printed me out a new card, and I'm all set to vote next month.

One more stop before I came home.  I went by Wal-Mart and bought Jurassic World.  Since I don't go to the theater, I hadn't seen it yet.  I watched it as soon as I got home.  It was a bit hokey, but pretty good.  It lacked the elegance and grace of the original, if you can describe a dinosaur movie as being elegant and graceful, but still worth the watch.  At the end of the movie, I found myself rooting for the....but wait, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may not have seen it, so I'll just stop there.


A few weeks ago, I got an e-mail from Amazon, informing me that my streaming device would no longer work with Amazon Prime.  I've been thinking about getting a Fire Stick.  My friends who have one say they love it.  I think I'll go ahead and order one.  


I haven't made any more progress on my bathroom, but I have made progress in unpacking my yarn.  And by progress, I mean I picked the box up off the floor and took the lid off.



Hey, it's a start. 

No comments: