Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Slowly, But Surely

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting my house redone.

And by slowly, I mean slooooowly.  I'm not going to get into any hurry fixing up my house.  I've got plenty of time.  What I don't have is plenty of money.  I don't want to make the same mistake I did when I bought the trailer house.  I put things on my credit card, thinking I could just pay them off.  Little did I know that we would spend the next 9 years working 4 day work weeks for half the year.

Yeah, I'm still paying that card off.

I got in last night and took all the painter's tape down and hung my shower curtain back up.


Then I took a shower, but that's not important.  Unless you have to be near me at any time.  Then it becomes very important. 

I've still got some touch up work to do, then get the trim and stuff painted.  I think it's going to look really nice once I get it all done.  


In between bouts of painting, I have been knitting a little bit.  I'm mostly working on my sister's sock yarn blanket.  At this rate, it might be done in time for her to have some grandchildren.

Last night, I decided I wanted to cast on something smaller and lighter to keep in the bedroom for when I'm watching TV in there.  Since I have a TV in the bedroom now, you know.  I was thinking a simple scarf would do, so I went into the room that is going to eventually become my craft room....and I couldn't find any of my yarn.

I guess I know what this weekend's project will be.

I dug around and finally found a couple of balls of Knit Picks Aloft and cast on a simple garter stitch scarf.  It's not even long enough to bother taking a picture yet, but I assure you, as I get more settled, more photos of stuff will be forthcoming.

Finally, I got a call from the bank that the guy who bought my trailer house.  They overnighted the check to the mortgage company, but still haven't received the title.  When I got home, I called the mortgage company.  I got the message, "Congratulations, your loan has been paid in full."  Ah, that is music to my ears!

Now, I just have 29 years and 11 months to pay on this one. 

No comments: