Saturday, October 24, 2015

Finally

I think I finally have the drip from my toilet stopped.  I ended up having to use the pliers on it anyway, even though they say not to.  I just tightened it about 1/4 turn at a time until it stopped dripping.  The little bowl I put under it to catch the drips has been dry for several hours, so I think it might be right this time.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment having done that, I decided to go ahead and start painting my cabinet.


Yes, it has doors.  I took them off to paint them separately, and to try to clean up the hinges really well.   They were gunky and tarnished.  I sprayed them with WD-40, but I might have to invest in some NevrDull

Now, there's a blast from my Navy days.  If you've ever had to polish a garbage can until it shone, you might be a Navy Veteran.

Anyway, I think it's going to look good when I'm done.  I'm going to let it dry overnight and see how it looks after church tomorrow.  Then I'll decide if it needs another coat of paint or not.  Just looking at it, I think it will, but we'll see after it's dried a bit more. I still need to get the door frame replaced.  James said he was going to come help me with it, but he hasn't had time.  He's busy trying to get his own house sold. 

I finally got my yarn out of that box and put into my yarn closet.



I have more yarn than this.  I'm just not sure where it is.  

Thanks to Hurricane Patricia, we are finally going to be getting some rain over the next several days.  That is good, because the entire state is under a burn ban since it's been so dry.  

Honestly, I can't even remember the last good rain we had.  Oh, we've had showers, but barely enough to settle the dust. 

Mercy drops round us are falling
But for the showers we plead.

No comments: