Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Wednesday And Stuff

I was going to post something yesterday, but by the time I got home, I was so tired I forgot what it was.  I was at work, and the other brazer was out.  You know how every time Former Group Leader Rod needs a brazer I have to go work on his line?   Well, when little brother Fernando needs a brazer, Rod miraculously doesn't have anyone to spare.  Somehow, they couldn't find anyone anywhere in the entire plant who could help me out. 

Basically, what that means is that I did a two person job by myself all day.  Needless to say, I was plumb tuckered when I got off.  Then I had to go to the post office.  Since I was in town already, I figured I'd run by the store and get another bag of dog food.

Them crazy dogs of mine think I'm supposed to feed them every day.  What's up with that? 

Anyway, I wandered back into the electronics department and they actually had some iPhone 5 cases, so I got one for Fred.  It's just a plain camouflage color, but I feel a lot better now that he has some protection on.

Today was a much easier day at work.  They announced that we would be working both Friday and Saturday.  My co-workers are clamoring for cookies, so I came home and mixed up the dough and put it into the refrigerator.  Not sure when I'm going to make them, but I will.

This afternoon, I saw a video on Facebook about coloring eggs.  This guy puts a little bit of rice in a cup, and adds food coloring.  Then he puts an egg into it and shakes it up.  The effect was really cool, so I had to try it with my remaining fake eggs.  This is the result:


The top three are pure yellow, pure green, and pure blue.  The bottom two are a mixture of blue and green.  To my dismay, I didn't have any red left, so this is all you get.  I think it turned out well, and the colors are certainly brighter than using the Paas tablets.   I'm thinking when I get some more red, I'll overdye the one on the bottom right and see how that works out. 


No comments: