Thursday, April 02, 2015

The Last Of The Daffs

This one is called an Easter Bonnet.  It is one of the last ones to bloom.


Many years ago, before I had internet, I ordered a mixed bag of daffodil bulbs from a catalog.  These are one of the varieties that was in the bag.  I'm not sure what they are, but I like them.


Behold, here we have the very last of the yellow daffodils. 


And that's it until next year.  I'm always a bit sad when the last of the daffs dies, but I do have this to ease my heartache.  This is one of the plants from my uncle's funeral.  I think this is a begonia, but I'm not completely sure.  Whatever it is, it's got some buds on it.


Speaking of not knowing something, one of my little trays of seedlings is doing really well. 


The other one isn't. 


I don't know what the difference is.  I planted them both at the same time.  I used the same types of seeds -- mixed wildflowers.  I water them at the same time, and keep them both in the same place.  Clearly, something is up with this second tray.  I'm just not sure what.  It has never done as well as the first tray.  I even replanted some seeds, and ...nothing.  I'm bumfuzzled. 

I'm itching to get out and get my flower beds going, but it's supposed to rain all next week.  Scattered showers, so it won't be like a constant deluge.  I'm thinking maybe next weekend. 

Yeah, that sounds good.

No comments: