Wednesday, April 08, 2015

I Couldn't Wait

I was going to wait a couple more weeks before planting my flower bed, but when I got home from work, and saw all that warm, inviting dirt where I'd raked the old mulch off yesterday, I couldn't wait.

I ran inside and got my garden claw, and clawed up the entire bed -- well, the half I intended to plant anyway.  "There," I said to myself.  "It'll be all ready for when I decide to plant in a couple of weeks."

But when I saw all that fresh tilled earth, all warm and soft and inviting, I couldn't wait.



I ran and got my starter trays with my little seedlings and nestled them into the warm earth.  "There," I said.  "Hopefully, there won't be another frost, but if there is, I still have those packs of seeds.  I'll plant them in a couple of weeks."



But as I stood there admiring my tiny plants, basking in the warm sun, I couldn't wait.


I ran inside and got my packets of seeds and cast them across the soil. 


Then I got down on my hands and knees and worked them into the loose earth, and gave the whole bed a good watering. 

And now, we wait...


1 comment:

Carol said...

So jealous we still have a ton of snow on the ground here