Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Nothing New

Well, not quite nothing.  I have a couple of Iris blooming. 


That's about it.  The most exciting thing that happened today was that I got out and raked all of last year's mulch out of my flower bed.  I was going to show you, but I figured you've all seen dirt before.   It's about time, too, as my little seedlings are getting bigger and bigger.  It's nearly time to get them into the ground. 


Kindly ignore those oak pollen thingies.  They just come with the territory. 

We've got another major storm system supposed to come through on Friday,  so I'm thinking maybe one day next week I can get out and claw up the garden.  I don't think I'm going to plant anything other than wildflowers this year. 

You see, James is retiring at the end of the year, and they are moving back to Texas.  Since my house sits on their land, I've got to find a new place to live.  I don't want to plant a bunch of stuff, then just go off and leave it. 

I will admit, I'm both excited and a little terrified of buying a new house.  I've never taken on a 30 year mortgage before.  Even the house I'm living in now was only a 15 year loan.  Anyway, I've found a few houses I like, and that are in my price range.  The only problem is, they are on the opposite end of town that I want to live.  There is one that I really, really like, but it's smack dab in the middle of town.  I'm not sure I want to live in town. 

It's not like I have to decide right this very second, but I don't want to put it off too long.  It'll make for exciting blog fodder, though.  I'll be sure to keep you updated. 

No comments: