Thursday, August 14, 2014

Upheaval

I'm telling you, I did not want to go back to work today.  That's why I don't really like to take days off.  I never want to go back.  The longer I'm off, the less I want to go back.  But I've got to use my vacation days up before I lose them, so expect a few more days off.  

This time of year is what I like to refer to as Upheaval Time at work.  That's when they lay off the temps, shut down the temp line, and move people around and all. 

I do not like upheavals.  I don't like change at all. 

Well, we had a pretty good upheaval this year.  Our production superintendent Jonathan resigned.  He said he had to leave for family reasons.  He didn't go into detail, so I don't really know what is going on with his family. 

Needless to say, there is always a bit of trepidation when we are facing a new production superintendent.  You never know what you're going to end up with.  Is he going to be a good boss or a bad boss?  Will he be a good leader or a screaming maniac? 

We've had both kinds out there. 

Scuttlebutt has it that the job is going to be given to someone who already works there.  That's just water cooler talk, though.  We'll have to just wait and see.

Scuttlebutt:  that's water cooler talk for you non Navy folks. 

Short post today, but I hope to get caught up this weekend.  I actually have mentally composed posts, but it just seems too tedious to sit down and type them all out.  Maybe I need to go back to writing them out in longhand first.

That seemed to work well.

No comments: