Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tuckered

When Group Leader Fernando asked if I wanted to work yesterday, he said it was to clean up.  I thought he meant sweep a little and straighten up.  Wrong.

I can't remember the last time I worked so hard.  Sweeping and straightening was just the start.  We were climbing on top of stuff, scraping stuff off the floor, cleaning stuff I didn't even know was in there.  By the time I got home, I was so tired and sore, I could not move.

I did get home in time to watch the second half of Navy vs. Ohio State.  Yeah, Ohio State won, but Navy looked really good against them.  Things are looking up for December 13.  I don't like the new helmets, though.  The old ones looked better.

New:


Old:


But that's just me.

Once again, the powers that be scheduled Texas and LSU at the same time.  Sigh...I did watch both games, but it took some creative thinking.  

Texas is looking better than they have in a long time, even if it was against North Texas. 

LSU looks the same as ever.  They don't seem to remember that they are in a ball game until somewhere in the 4th quarter.  They came back from a 24-7 deficit to win 28-24.  My old heart can't take much more of this.

While all these ball games were going on, I decided that the loom had been left unwarped for far too long, so I chose this yarn.


It is Cherry Tree Hill Supersocke in Country Garden.  I quickly un-chose it, because when I was winding it into a ball, the yarn was broken in 4 spots.  There were a couple more spots where one ply was broken, but the yarn wasn't completely separate.  I could have still used it to warp with, but I just didn't feel like fooling with it.  Maybe someday, when I'm less tired.

Instead, I used this Sockittome Select in Old Rose for my next scarf.  


It's working out well, don't you think? 



This morning, I slept right through church.  Well, not quite, but I slept too late to get ready to go.  I really must have been tired.  So, I went to church on the computer, then spent the rest of the day watching Criminal Minds reruns on Netflix.

I have one more day off tomorrow for Labor Day, and I plan on doing the same thing.

All day long.

No comments: