Wednesday, August 06, 2014
Chats On The Farmhouse Porch
1. What's the earliest time in your life you can remember? Can you remember being 2 years old, 5 years old, etc?
I have one very clear memory that took place when I was 2 years old. We'd gone to my aunt and uncle's house in Mobile, AL, to visit my newest baby cousin. We were all in their back yard playing in a blow up wading pool. My two older cousins and my brother wanted my uncle to drag the swing set over so they could slide down the slide into the swimming pool.
I also remember my grandma and grandpa taking me fishing when I was three. We were all camping at Sam Rayburn, and they took my brother and me out on the boat. My grandpa put a minnow on my hook and told me to leave it in the water until it grew up. That was the first fish I ever caught.
2. What's do you like to put on pasta? (Your favorite topping.)
Butter, and that's it. I don't like spaghetti sauce at all. I can take Alfredo sauce, but mostly just butter. Unless it's mac and cheese. Then it needs cheese.
3. Is there something that takes time away from more important things in your life? (TV, internet, talking on the telephone, etc.)
Internet, although now that Cody's grown and gone, and I'm alone in the house, there isn't much important things that it's taken me away from.
4. Do you buy many clothes that are "high maintenance"? (Clothes that need to be ironed, dry cleaned, or hand washed)
Nope. If it can't be tossed into the washer, I won't buy it. I do have a few line dry only clothes, but they are for Sunday only.
5. Please finish this sentence. "I'd like to visit the beach today and-------------------------."
Never come back. Ever.