Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Today

Today has been a much better day. I knew it would be when I made it to work with both my coffee and my glasses.  

I knew it was going to be a really good day when...well, you see, Group Leader Fernando has gotten into this thing where he gives me the Stink Eye.  He's just being silly, but it is pretty funny.  Today, he was walking down the aisle when he started giving me the Stink Eye.  He kept on walking, giving me the Stink Eye over his shoulder as he continued down the aisle.

Where he ran smack into a buggy full of sheet metal parts.

I laughed so hard I nearly choked on the Nutri-Grain apple cinnamon cereal bar I was eating.  To add insult to injury, Supervisor Calvin saw it too, and he had to come over and rub it in a little.  That'll teach him. 

The rest of the day went off without a hitch, unlike yesterday.  Oh, yesterday was exciting.  Demarius' gas miser broke and flames went shooting all the way up to the ceiling.  OK, OK, not quite up to the ceiling, but they were big enough.  Jeff hit the emergency shut off button, then hit the flames with the fire extinguisher, and that was the excitement for yesterday. 

I mean, besides me being blind and cranky all day. 

One day this week, I'm going to be able to come straight home from work and not do anything.  Today was not that day. 

You see, I have these crazy dogs, and they seem to think I am supposed to feed them every single day. After work, I had to run into town -- again -- and get some more dog food.  Them dogs better appreciate me. 

Finally, so this post isn't a total waste of space, I got a surprise Saturday when I was cleaning out Scarlett's tank.


She'd laid eggs!  Of course, they weren't fertile, since she's never been with a male.  This is the second time she's done that.  Sometimes I wish I had the setup and time and all to breed her, but I don't. 

It would be cool, though.  Baby snakes are so cute. 

No comments: