Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Day Off

A few days ago, I realized that here it was August already, and I had only taken two days off of work all year.   I have 18 vacation days left, and we can't carry them over.  I'd hesitated to take them, just in case they cut us back to 4 day weeks again this year. 

But then, I realized I needed to take a day. I was tired.  Things weren't going well at work.  I was stressed.  I just needed a break.  So, I scheduled a day for tomorrow. 

Tonight, I'm sitting here thinking of a long list of things I need to get done, but what I'll actually end up doing is sitting in front of the TV all day thinking about the long list of things I need to be doing instead of sitting in front of the TV all day. 

Yeah.

Moving right along...

I haven't warped the loom since I finished the pink and white scarf Saturday night.  Interesting thing about that scarf.  We had a little birthday dinner for Dennise Sunday, and as soon as I walked in, Mike was asking me to make something for a cancer charity auction.  I said, "I have just the thing."  It didn't have the pink ribbon he wanted, but it was the right colors. 

Almost.  That's where the pink scarf went. 

Since then, I decided I need to finish up some other projects that have been languishing.  I finished this hat.


The yarn is King Cole Splash.  I'd cast on 120 stitches with size 7 needles.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It made a rather large hat.  Well, it'll be good for someone who doesn't want to squash her hair.  Or someone with a gigantic head.  People do come in all shapes and sizes. 

I worked a bit more on this sock.  I'd cast it on early in July, but it had been languishing since I got the loom.


I have no idea what the yarn is, because I lost the ball band years ago.  It is a cotton blend, and the pattern is just a plain vanilla sock. 

Well, I'd better get to bed.  I don't know why I always think I can stay up late before a day off.  I end up waking up at the same time anyway. 

No comments: