Friday, August 17, 2012

Yarn Crawl!

A couple of weeks ago, my buddy Christi sent me a text.

"We need to get together", she said.

After much planning, and coordinating, and shuffling of schedules, and a little bit of nail biting finally the day came.  We weren't sure for a bit if Christi could make it, because her mother was in the hospital.  She sent me a text, though, saying, "My mother is making me." And she was able to come. 

We met up at our usual haunt, Hank of Yarn in Southaven.

100_0355

There was Amy

100_0356

And Christi

 100_0357

And me, but I was holding the camera, so you won't see me.  But you can see the yarn I bought.  This is JoJoLand Fantasia. 

100_0375

And some undyed yarn.

100_0373

I said, "Boy, I need a nap."  Hank said, "You need a nap?  Are you going to die?"

"No," I said.  "I'm tired, but I don't think I'm going to die."

And Hank gave me The look and said, "Are you going to DYE the yarn?"

Oh.....Yes, I'm going to dye the yarn.  All that stuff I have growing on the trellis in my back yard is called bindweed.  Someone posted a link to instructions on dying it.  Said it makes a lovely buttery yellow, so I'm going to try it.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.  I got there first, and almost as soon as I walked in, Christi was right behind me.  Soon Amy arrived and the party was on!

We knit, and we talked, and we laughed

100_0361

And we petted yarns

 100_0360

And Christi said, "This is MINE!!!"

100_0371

And we knit, and we talked, and we laughed some more, and Christi said, "Let's go eat, already!" 

100_0358

She's a bossy one, that Christi.

And we ate some really, really good hamburgers.

Then we came back to Hank's, and we knit and we talked, and we laughed, and we petted yarn, and we tossed balls of yarn into the air and said, "Whee!" and blamed sleep deprivation.

 100_0362

And we showed each other dog and cow pictures, and talked about ex-husbands-- except for Amy because she doesn't have one.

And we talked, and we laughed, and we petted more yarns

100_0359

Oh, look!  There I am.

100_0372

And there is Hank, on the right, helping another customer.

100_0366

When I got there, I was the only one in the store.  By the time we left, it was pretty crowded.  Hank's is the happening place, it is.

All too soon, it was time to come home.  And we hugged, and we clung to each other, and many bitter tears were shed at our parting.

Well, OK, not so much on that last bit.  But we did have a great time, and I can't wait to do it again.  September 8 is the target date.  

You know, one thing I hate is waiting. Those few minutes when it's not time to leave, but there's not enough time to really do anything. Yeah. So I left a little early. While waiting for Hank's to open, I went to Petco and got Snow a new water bowl that's big enough for her to soak in.

 100_0379

And a new hide:

 100_0378

The old one is a little small. It looks like a half log, so I"m going to take it out and put it into my flower bed. It will look natural --sort of-- and might attract toads. Maybe not this year, but next year. I hope.

And that was my day off.  This post is already photo heavy,  so I didn't post all the pictures I took.  The rest, including yarn shots, can be found here:

Yarn Crawl

No comments: