Eh, my supervisor is pretty good about working with you on those kinds of things, so it really shouldn't be a problem. But the bad news is, I'm probably not going to be up to going to the Fabric To Fiber Fest in Hernando that weekend. That's a bummer, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Besides, we are going to try to work another meetup later in the year so Kat can come meet Christi. That'll be so much fun!
Oh, and the other good news is, we're off this Saturday!!! I know I need the money, but boy am I tuckered out.
And now, on to the WIP update.
1. Arwen Wrap: I've finished the first half, and started the second.
This one is worked in two halves and then grafted together. I'd bought 8 balls of Knit Picks Swish DK and had planned on just using four balls to each half. Well, I'd thought I was finished with the first half, because I only had 4 balls left. So I started the second half. Which you see above.
Lo and behold, I found another ball. No biggie. I'd just knit five balls on the second half, and once they were grafted, no one would ever know.
It didn't work out that way. My CDO made me attach that fourth ball and finish the first half.
Such is my life...
2. The 2010 Anniversary Mystery Shawl. Slowly but surely, I'm making progress. But I'm to the point that the rounds are so big, it takes about two days to get around one.
3. Conwy sock: I'm seriously considering ripping this one, and just making up my own pattern based on this stitch design. I'm really not feeling the love here.
4. Traveling Roses Scarf: Got one more pattern repeat done.
5. Garter Rib Scarf: Sort of completed!
I say "sort of" because I've decided to make a matching hat. It won't take an entire hank of yarn to do a hat, so instead of having a useless half of a hank of yarn hanging around my house, I'm going to add it on to the scarf, and just make it a little longer. But I've got to order more yarn first, so this one is on hold. For now.
6. Fruit Of The Vine No progress
7. Orkney Pi Shawl: No progress
8. Leper bandage: This is my new waiting project. When I'm on my excruciatingly slow desktop and I'm waiting 20 years for a page to load, I pick it up and knit a row or two.
9 & 10 The two sock yarn blankies. No new squares this week.
11. Anniversary Mystery Shawl 2012: No progress
It amazes me to think that I've only cast on one, yes one, count 'em one new project all year, and haven't had any shortage of things to knit on. And it amazes me even further to think that the three hanks of yarn I bought last Thursday is the only yarn I've bought all year.
And I haven't run out of anything to knit with, either.
Blows my mind.
Hum, now I have to go ponder the mysteries of life...