Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIPs, Weather, and Work

There has been a great upheaval at work.  In case you didn't know, Becky does not handle upheaval well.  But there has been a great upheaval at work.

They've laid off all the temps and closed down some of the assembly lines.  That is normal for this time of the year, but the upheaval that affects me is that they've moved my group leader, Greg, to another line, and I have a new group leader.  Fernando is his name.

So far, I really like him.  It's so nice not to have to explain everything 3 or 4 times.  It's so nice not to have to say, "FOCUS!!"  It's so nice not to have to wonder where he is half of the day.  I want to say, "Can we keep him?"

In weather news, Isaac is inching ever closer, but The Fine Martial Household is ready.

See, I brought my plants in.



No, it's not likely they'll shut the plant down for it.  We worked all through Katrina, you know.  The only reason we closed early the next day was because the roads were so bad we couldn't get our purchased parts in. 

And now, on to the WIP update. 


 1.  Arwen Wrap:  I've attached the final ball of yarn, and am in the homestretch!



I guess I ought to take a new picture, huh?

2.  The 2010 Anniversary Mystery Shawl.   No progress this week.




3. Conwy sockI ripped this one.  I'll find a pattern better suited to this yarn, and cast on a new pair.  I can't say when, but it'll get done.




4. Traveling Roses Scarf: No progress



5. Fruit Of The Vine  No progress



6. Orkney Pi ShawlNo progress



7Leper bandage: This is my new waiting project.  When I'm on my excruciatingly slow desktop and I'm waiting 20 years for a page to load, I pick it up and knit a row or two.



8 & 9 The two sock yarn blankies. No new squares this week.



10.  Anniversary Mystery Shawl 2012:  No progress



Well, that's it for this week.  It doesn't seem like a lot, but I've slowly cut my WIP list almost in half.  More than half if you don't count the new project I cast on.

Determination.

Iron will.

No money.  

Yep, that's how I did it.

For reals. 


2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

It sounds like this upheaval is not so bad.

Are you getting lots of rain?

Becky G said...

Yep, we got quite a bit of rain and wind, and I heard there was even a tornado warning earlier in the day. But we're all OK now, and the worst of it has passed.