Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We Are Go

We are go for planting!


I caught James this afternoon, and asked him to show me how to use the tiller so I could get out and get my flower beds started. He said, "You'd better let me do it for you."


So, he cut me up a good size bed. He's going to go over it again tomorrow, and then I can start getting my plants and stuff in it.

He's also going to take care of this problem for me.


He's going to put up his electric fence around his vegetable garden, and run a wire over to my flower bed and around it, to keep the dogs out of it.  He's only going to leave it there for a few days, or until the dogs learn to avoid fresh tilled earth. The hard part will be keeping me out of them.  There's nothing like the feeling of walking through fresh tilled earth in bare feet.  And there is the problem of not tripping over it as I leave for work in the mornings.  Yeah, that'll wake me up real fast.


Anyway, I've got the perennials I bought the other day to put into it.  I'm also going to move some of my daffodils into the bed.  I've got some cultivated daffs that make huge blooms, plus some double daffs, and some called Easter Bonnet Daffodils.  The wild daffs I'm just going to leave in the yard.  I bought some more Four O'Clock seeds, and a pack of mixed wildflowers.  I think I'm going to plant those around the daffodil bulbs.  If I have any room left, I'll probably get some more types of annuals to plant there.  That'll be it for this year.  I don't want to get in too deep before I see if this is going to be something I want to keep up with in the long term.

I took a vacation day for next Tuesday, so if I don't get it all done before then, I'll have a whole day to work in my flower beds.  

Meanwhile, the petunias are doing well, and have even opened up a few new blooms.   


 
I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments: