Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lots Of Stuff

going on around here--at least in the nature department.

My petunias have some sort of fungus on them.  As I was researching how to get rid of it, most sites said to make sure they had plenty of space between them.  So, I bought a fungicide and repotted a few.

Purple Pride now has a pot all to himself, since he was the biggest. 


These were smaller, so I put three in this pot. If they get too big, I may have to move some more out.


The rest of them, I put in along the border of my flower bed.



I think they've already perked up a bit.


The wildflower mix I planted is popping up all over their end of the bed.



Pay no attention to the tops of my daffodils.  I'll get them snipped off eventually.  I hope.  I got so much stuff coming up that I'm afraid to get in there because I'll step on my seedlings. 

Anyway, as I said, I haven't seen hide nor hair of the Four O' Clocks I planted on the other end.  I've been debating on whether to buy another pack of seeds (which would be the third one) or just hope enough of my seedlings hang on to put them in.


I've got a few Zinnias that haven't croaked, and three Four 0'Clocks left.  Maybe they'll live long enough that I can plant them outside, eventually.

Meanwhile, in the vegetable garden...


James let his marigolds die, so I bought some more.  You put marigolds between your tomatoes to keep the nematodes off, you see.  Anyway, he didn't get them into the ground quickly enough and they died.  So I bought some more and put them in this evening. 

I actually made a step towards one of my goals in doing so. There were people in the yard.  Yes, there were people in the yard, and guess what I did?  I went out there anyway!  Yes, I really did!  I became just a tiny bit less of a hermit.

So, I put the marigolds in, and didn't quite have enough.  I'll get some more next time I go into town, and put the leftover ones in my flower bed.  I still have enough space along the front border for several more plants.

We also cut a hole in my skirting so I could reach my outside spigot.  I got my hoses out and hooked up--surprised as all get out that they were still good.  That will make it a lot easier to water my flower beds.

Now I'm thinking of re-doing the bed in the front.  My Lily of the Valleys aren't doing well.  I'm debating on whether I should move them, or just get some more and start over.  My hostas need to be spread out, too.  I'd like to have hostas all across the whole front of the house. 

And the plums are really coming on, too.


Now, if you'll excuse me, the first clue of the Anniversary Mystery shawl came out today, and I need to go wind yarn.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

You have been a busy girl and it looks like all your hard work is paying off. You go girl!

Becky G said...

Thanks, Lou!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails