Friday, April 20, 2012

Houston, We Still Have A Problem

A few weeks ago, Mike asked me if I would knit a picture for a charity auction. At first, I didn't really want to, but when he said it would be for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, how could I say no to that?

I asked him what he wanted it to look like, and Shelbi sent me a picture. Due to the detail, and my distaste for colorwork knitting, I asked if a cross stitch would be OK. She said it would, and after a quick Google search, I found the exact same picture already charted for sale on E-bay.

Yes, it was way overpriced for a computer printout of a standard net graphic plugged into a chart generating program, but it was for charity.

It finally arrived, and today I went into Wal-Mart to find Aida cloth and DMC floss.  Wouldn't you know it, they were in the process of rearranging (again) their craft department, and didn't have any cross stitch stuff out.  Sigh...I'll go back in a couple of days to see if they've gotten it out, but if not, I guess I'll have to order it online.

But in my fruitless search for cross stitch supplies, I ran across this.  


Houston, we have a problem.

Yes, it did come home with me.  It is a sketchbook, though.  Not a notebook.  Long time reader (yes, the one of you) might remember that the whole reason I started blogging was to have a place to post my sketches.  The original title of my blog was Sketches And More, and my very first post was a sketch of Squeaky.  I kind of gave it up several years ago.  Maybe getting a new sketchbook will inspire me to start drawing again. 

Now, where did I put those pencils?

Yesterday was my semi-annual dentist appointment.  Thank the LORD, no cavities this time!  Anyway, after said appointment, I ran by Wal-Mart to get milk, and took a stroll through the garden center.  I found these gorgeous little annuals and couldn't resist them.



They are called chupacabras. 

Wait, that's not right... they are calibrachoa.  I'd never heard of them, but absolutely fell in love with the hot pink ones.   They are now safely ensconced in my flower bed.

Now, if only my other plants will grow. 

No comments: