Thursday, September 09, 2010

Dogs On Thursday

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this toy



for the neighbor's dog.  You put treats inside it and it is supposed to keep the dog occupied for hours trying to get the treats out.  Well, Indy (I've finally decided to give him a name), hasn't quite got the hang of it yet.

Rylea, on the other hand...


I see you in there, you food you!


Hmmm, maybe if I roll it on its side.



No, then I'll just chew a hole it this thing.



Grrrr, come out you food so I can eat you!

I was watching Rylea come up the front steps, and she looked like a seal waddling across the ground.  Yes, she is that fat.  I don't understand it.  We walk nearly every day, and they're long walks, too.  Not piddling little 15 minute walks, but usually between 45 minutes and an hour.  I have her on fat dog dog food, but she is still a little blubber ball.  She should be up for shots soon, so I'm going to ask the vet about her weight and what else I can do to help her get fit.


And I've just about broken my self imposed moratorium against casting on already.  I wanted to knit this yarn

up just to see how it did knit up.  I've decided to make a couple of little hats out of it.  I think I'm going to *looks around furtively* swatch first, since I've never knit with DK weight before. Swatching doesn't really count as casting on, does it?  No, of course not...

Now if you will excuse me, there is football to watch on TV...

2 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Pretty yarn! I love dk weight. Having now arranged my whole stash, I have about twice as much dk yarn as worsted. Of course I have more sock/lace weight than either, so I guess I'm just a fine guage kind of gal.

Becky G said...

I've pretty much gotten to be a fine gauge person myself. I seldom knit with anything larger than sock weight yarn any more.