Friday, May 07, 2010

Third Day

They say the third day is the hardest. Well, they were right. I have been absolutely miserable today.  For a while there, even my pain medication wasn't helping a bit.  I made the right call calling in sick this morning.  What with the pain, stiffness, and swelling, there's no way I could have made it through a day of work.    But then, between 5:30 and 6:00PM, as I was dozing on the couch, it turned.  The pain lessened, and the swelling began to go down.  I can still barely open my mouth, but I think the worst is behind me.  I'm going to take tomorrow off, too, just to be on the safe side.

Squeaky has been busy keeping me company.


She says, "I'm good company, ain't I, Mama?"

In the midst of all my misery, I managed to make it through chart 4 of my Vernal Equinox shawl.


It's too big to spread out all the way, but you can kind of get an idea of what it will look like.  What I didn't get done, is to get my new printer set up.  I'd bought it Tuesday and it's still sitting there in the box.  I just haven't felt like fooling with it.  I need to get it out and set up before clue 3 of the MS comes out tomorrow. 

Two weeks ago, my azaleas were covered in blooms.   But the storms of the last two weekends knocked all the flowers off.  I thought that was it for the year, but today, I looked out and found this: 


One last lonely blossom, bravely clinging to life.

Hope.

It's like a sign of hope.

Everything is going to be OK.

No comments: