Thursday, May 13, 2010

A New Sympathy

I now have a new sympathy for House, and Rush Limbaugh, and anyone else who's ever been addicted to prescription pain killers.  Yesterday was the first day I didn't take my Vicodin, and all last night and this morning, I definitely went through something akin to withdrawal.  I was sleepless, irritable, nauseated, and twitchy.  All I could think about was how I couldn't wait to get home and take another pill.  And I'd only been taking it for a week.  I can imagine the hell those who had been on meds for much longer must feel.  By about lunch time, the feelings passed, and I haven't had any more cravings.  But still...

I am relieved to note that my pain level has dropped considerably today.  I'm feeling about as much pain without any medication at all as I did a week ago completely doped up.  And with judicious use of warm salt water rinses and a heating pad, I've managed to go without meds since 1:00 PM.  I will take some Tylenol before bed though.  Sleep is essential, and I must have some relief.  However, I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I had been saying it to myself mentally, but now I'm really beginning to feel it, that this, too, shall pass.

As for the knitting, yes there was an error in the chart.  The designer posted a corrected chart today.  But, since the error isn't all that noticeable, I decided not to rip all the way back to the first incorrect row.  I just corrected the most recent row, which was the last row I'd knit anyway, and will go on from there.  Most of the knits I give as gifts end up stuffed in the back of some drawer somewhere, never again to see the light of day.  Bearing that in mind, I don't supposed a slightly askew cat's paw motif will matter all that much. 

Daffodils, taken in March.  I know they're gone, but they're still my favorite flower.

No comments: