Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Much Better

I woke up feeling much better this morning.  I'm still stiff and sore, but I don't feel like I'm sick any more.  I finally feel like I'm on the mend.  I think the difference was that last night I got the first good night's sleep since I had my teeth out.  See, I sleep on the same side as my teeth were on.  Every time I rolled onto that side, it would hurt, and I'd wake up.  I just don't sleep well on my other side.  Anyway, last night, the pain had lessened enough that I was able to sleep through the night, and woke up feeling almost well.  Like I said, I'm still pretty sore, but was able to control the pain with just plain Tylenol. 

I made it through work today, all ten hours.  And I discovered that pain meds work a whole lot better when you actually take them.  I'd gotten home and got a Vicodin out.  About 30 minutes later, I was grumbling about how long would it take that pill to start working. I looked over and lo and behold, there it was still sitting on my end table.  Duh...

In football news, the Cowboys have traded linebacker Bobby Carpenter to the Rams for a backup tackle named Alex Barron.



Now, if you ask me, Bobby Carpenter had been getting a raw deal from media and fans ever since he got to Dallas.  He really wasn't that bad of a player.  He just didn't live up to his draft position.  If he'd been drafted in the 4th or 5th round--as he probably should have been--I doubt anyone would be complaining.  But he was drafted in the first round, and therefore had first round expectations to live up to.  Which is tough, because he really wasn't a first round talent.  He had a pretty good season in 2009, but nobody seems to see that.  They just see him as a bust. 

Hopefully, he'll be a better fit with the Rams Dude, and I wish him well.  Maybe he can finally shed the unfortunate nickname of "Barbie". 

.

No comments: