Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

We don't really do much for Halloween at our house. Cody is adamant that we not celebrate the holiday. However, I did wear my Great Pumpkin socks.

Jake is unimpressed.

I have quite a few Halloween decorations, but in the interest of puppy teeth, I didn't put any of them out except for my fake light up jack o lantern.

Tomorrow, it will be turned off, and turned around to do double duty as a plain pumpkin. I've had many of my fall decorations out for a while now, but sometime in the next few days, I'll put out my Thanksgiving specific ones. I won't put out as much this year as I usually do, again in the interest of puppy teeth.

Later, I watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

I bought some candy, just in case we had some trick or treaters, but alas, none came.

Probably because once the football games started, I turned out the light and locked the door. Unfortunately for me, both of my teams played at the same time. Fortunately for me, one was on TV and the other on ESPN360.com.

So I watched LSU crush Tulane 42-0 on the computer, and Texas rout Oklahoma State 41-14 on TV. This was supposed to be the toughest game left on Texas' schedule. If they can win out, and they have a very good chance of doing just that, they will most likely play in the National Championship game.

Here is your Halloween treat, a Gratuitous Colt McCoy photo:


(Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

What did I do while watching all that football? I knit on my second bandwagon sock, down to the toe decreases.


Hey, I gotta save something for the Cowboys game tomorrow!

4 comments:

Steve said...

Prediction ... Texas will be upset in the conference championship for the Big 12. These conference championships are crazy! Bring me a playoff!

Becky G said...

By who? Missouri is expected to win the Big 12 North, and Texas already thrashed them 41-7 once this season.

StephieKnits said...

Not really big fans of Halloween here either! I like your great pumpkin socks!

Slop -n- Goulash: Dinner of Champions! said...

Halloween is our BIG holiday. We do our whole yard up really creepy and we all dress up - especially our good friend Bubba. We block off our street and we all party together and we end up having upwards of 300 kids just to see the yard and all of us dressed up and scaring people. I will post photos over at my blog later today. I have to say, I outdid myself as "Makeup Master" when I did our friend Bubba's whole head - even the back in silver and black paint. He looked really creepy - creepier than usual!