Tuesday, October 27, 2009

As If That Wasn't Trouble Enough

After everything I've gone through in the last two weeks, I got a migraine today at work. I haven't had one of those in years--like about 8 or 9. I used to get them, but not that often, then I suddenly stopped. Like I said, it's been years. Fortunately, today's was a mild one. As soon as my vision started getting those flashing sparkles in it, I went into the bathroom and sat with my eyes closed until they went away. I just wonder what set it off. Stress maybe.

It was another long day, too. I had to go in early to work, and it was raining. I dragged Rylea around the yard trying to get her to poop, but she never would. I knew it would be a long day, and that she wouldn't have a chance to go for quite a while. I was sure I would come home to find poop on my floor, but no. She was a good girl.

Like I said, I had to go in early, and work a 9 hour shift, then right after work, I had to run home pick up Jake, and run up to the school. Cody had checked out a tuba to practice with over the summer, and needed to take it back today. I had him load it up into the back of the Jimmy this morning so I could run it by right after work.

I was on the way up to the school when he called wanting to know if I was coming up there. I said I was on my way, but then when I got to the school, I waited and waited and eventually had to go find him, puppy in tow.

He got the horn turned back in, and it was off to the vet for Jake's next round of puppy vaccinations. The vet asked if he was feeling better, and I said he was still coughing, but had his energy back. He listened to Jake's lungs and said they sounded a whole lot better, so he is well on his way to recovering from his respiratory infection.

We also talked about getting Jake's dew claws removed. Now, normally, I'm not a big fan of surgically altering dogs for appearances sake. I won't crop their ears, nor dock their tails. On the other hand, I don't go all schizoid on those who do crop or dock. Still, I've heard enough horror stories about dogs getting their dew claws snagged on stuff and sometimes even ripped off that I feel that we should go ahead and remove them. One of Jake's is pretty floppy as it is. Anyway, the vet said that it's better to do it when they're just a day or two old, but Jake didn't have his done that early. Now the vet wants to wait until he is a bit older, like 6-8 months old. He said Jake will be stronger then, and better able to handle the surgery.

Back home to drop off Cody and Jake, then I had to run back into town and pick up myself some more lactose intolerance supplements. I was so tired that I decided to run by and pick up fast food. I got all the way home and I sat down to eat, I realized that they'd given me the wrong hamburger. At first, I was going to just let Cody eat it, because it had mayonnaise on it, but I decided that no, they were going to give me what I paid for. So I drove all the way back into town and made them redo my hamburger. Even with me standing there, it took them three tries to get it right, but they gave me two free apple pies for my trouble.

Finally, at 6:00 PM I was able to get home and sit down for a few minutes--long enough to eat. Then I had to clean up a few puppy spots. Jake, at only 9 weeks old, already knows how to ask to go outside when he needs to --you know--go, but he can't yet hold it if we don't let him out right away. Cody doesn't always get up and let him out when he needs to go. I remind him that if the puppy is too much trouble, I'm sure we could find him a home where they want to take care of him.

I still need to clean up the kitchen, but I think I'll let that wait until morning. I'm going to bed.

I'm tired.

1 comment:

StephieKnits said...

Wow what a day. Very busy!


Related Posts with Thumbnails