Thursday, May 09, 2024

Sunflower!!

And we have a sunflower!!


By tomorrow, we'll have two. 


 Alas, it doesn't look like my little purple basil will make it.  I'll give it a few more days, and if it doesn't survive, I'll pick up another one when I go into town next week.  I hope I can get at least one to survive, because it smells really good. 

In other news, I'd planned on trying to fix my weed eater when I got home this afternoon, but it was so hot and steamy I changed my mind really quick.  All I did was fill the squirrel feeder and water the plants, and even after just doing that, I was drenched in sweat.  

However, I did go out and get my old pull rope that had broken from my lawn mower and after comparing the two, I don't think the paracord will work as a replacement.  


I'm going to take the broken bit with me into town tomorrow and see if I can find something closer in size, then we'll go from there.  Since the guy mowed my yard yesterday, I don't feel so much pressure to hurry up and get it done. 

Hopefully, we'll have Saturday off so I can get out there and fix both the lawnmower and weed eater.  By the way, they guy who did my yard really really wanted to do the back, too, and couldn't understand when I told him I wanted to leave the clover for the bees.  Plus, I've got other stuff that is still seeding, so I don't want to cut it yet.  

And finally, Cody messaged me and said that he and Brennan want to come cook me Mother's Day dinner on Sunday.  He didn't say what he has planned, but I hope he uses some of the herbs I've been growing.  

Hmmm, maybe after my colonoscopy next month, we can go ax throwing....

No comments: