Friday, May 24, 2024

Everybody Is Mad

Everybody at work is mad at me.  

And the reason they're mad is as follows.  As you know, they'd posted that everyone was going to have to work this weekend, but sometime after lunch they announced that all of the lines would be off.  What about component areas, though?  I didn't know.  I'd assumed we were still working.

A little while later, I was taking some finished work over to the line and I saw Group Leader Shark talking to the other brazers.  I walked over to the crowd and said, "What did you say?"  Group Leader Shark -- other than giving me a look of irritation -- basically ignored me. I asked her several times what she had said, what she was talking about, what was going on, but never got an answer.  All I heard her say was, "I'll have to decide."  

That was the last I heard from her.  One of the other brazers kept asking me, "Are you working tomorrow?"  And I said, "I don't know.  Group Leader Shark hasn't told me anything."  Well, Group Leader Shark left at 2:30, but had never said anything to anyone about working tomorrow, except to one person.  She said that Group Leader Shark had said that unless she approached you, you didn't have to work, but because I hadn't heard her say that, I wanted to be sure.  I found Supervisor and asked him, "Are the sub-brazers working tomorrow or not?"  

He said, "Yeah, everybody is working."  He walked over to the sub-brazing area and said, "I know other things have been said, but I'm telling you everyone is working tomorrow."  Now they're all mad at me, because they thought they were going to have a long weekend and now they have to work, but hey, I wasn't going to risk my holiday pay just because Group Leader Shark can't communicate.  

I told Supervisor, "If I have to come in tomorrow, there had better be some work for me to do."  I don't really know why there would be.  We haven't had work all week long.  Seriously.  A few days ago, I logged three hours and fifteen minutes of down time because tubing didn't have anything ready for us to braze.   

I had to laugh at Demi-god, though. He came up to me and said "I thought second shift was supposed to be coming in and making us parts so we’d have something to do."   

I laughed and said "Welcome to day shift!"  

Anyway, I bit the bullet and went to Walmart this evening even though I knew it would be a madhouse.  Friday before a holiday weekend, you know.  That way, when I get off tomorrow, I can come home and collapse for the rest of the weekend.  I'll still need to find my sockets and fix my lawnmower, but other than that, I plan on sleeping, watching my Memorial Day movies, knitting, and doing as much nothing as possible. 

But for now, I need to practice my piano a bit, then go to bed because some of us still have to work tomorrow. 

Laters. 

No comments: