Saturday, May 25, 2024

Calm Down, Y'all

First of all, let me just say calm down everybody.  When I said everyone at work was mad at me, I was being facetious.  Nobody was really mad.  I mean, people were frustrated that they thought they'd had a day off when they didn't, but they weren't mad at me.  

Lack of communication is par for the course out there, and if it's anyone's fault, blame Supervisor.  If he knew he wanted all the brazers to come in today, he should have communicated that to Group Leader Shark.  If he'd done that, there wouldn't have been a problem at all.  

Even so, he let the brazers leave at 8:00, and Group Leader Shark announced it loudly and clearly, where everybody could hear it -- just so there won't be any misunderstandings, she said.  And I muttered, "If she'd done that yesterday, we wouldn't have even been in this mess."

Anyway, I was able to run home, change into a clean shirt, and whiz on down to the Farmer's Market on the square.  Unfortunately, the lady didn't have any salsa yet.  She's still waiting on her tomatoes, so it'll be a few weeks before she gets some made.  I told her what Brennan had said about it being the best salsa she'd ever had, and the lady was so tickled, I thought she was going to pop. 

There wasn't much else up there, but it's still pretty early in the season.  I bought some tea cakes, and picked up a book out of the Little Free Library. 


Once I've read it, I'll probably take it back, so someone else can enjoy it.  

After that, I came home and mostly watched TV and knit the rest of the day.  I did get Onyx's tank cleaned out, which was desperately needed. 


It was a bit bittersweet knowing it'll probably be the last time.  He'll be 20 years old in July, which is absolutely ancient for a snake.  Sunny and Slider are the same age, and Blaze is 19.  It won't be much longer....

In other news, I was going to record a song for you, but there is this one section that I just can't get right. It's only about 4 measures long, but my brain totally forgets what it's supposed to be doing.  I've got the rest of the song down pretty well, but that one section gets me every time. 

The last thing I did of significance was to get my missing man place set up and ready for the weekend. 
 

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got movies to watch and knitting to...knit. 

Laters

P.S.  I found my sockets!  I just haven't fixed my lawnmower.  Too lazy this weekend. 

No comments: