Friday, May 31, 2024

Still Here

Just a quick check in to let you all know I'm still here.  I've had stuff to say, but things have been so hectic at work these last few days, I just haven't felt like talking -- even in blog form.   It's about to get worse, too, because as of Monday, all the brazers are going to be on 12 hour shifts.  

Supervisor had all of us in a big Come To Jesus meeting, and I'm telling you, I've never seen him yelling like that.  He said there's too much standing around talking and too much cell phone usage, and we're going to stay on 12 hours until we get our numbers up.  

If there was one thing -- just one -- that I could make them understand, it would be that we can't braze parts we don't have.  Even today, while he was yelling at the brazers, the buggies where they put the orders that are ready to be brazed were slap empty.  

The second problem is that the people those meetings are directed to never see themselves as the problem.  That one brazer who spends literally all day on her phone went right back to her phone.  The one we call Mouth, because she does nothing but sit on her table running her mouth all day, went right back to sitting on her table running her mouth.  

Things got even worse after lunch because one of the brazers had to leave due to a family emergency, Mouth got mad because how dare they expect her to work, so she left.  And Demi-god left because he was tired and wanted to go home to take a nap.  

I can neither confirm nor deny that someone who may or may not have been me was heard to mutter, "I wish my uncle was my supervisor so he could make my points disappear."  Someone who was definitely me also said, "He's got that Big Daddy sticker on the back of his truck.  He needs to change that to Big Baby."  

The really funny thing was, sometime after lunch Demi-god's daddy was up in sub-brazing stomping  and hooting and hollering because his line didn't have any headers, and someone who may or may not have been me was heard to mutter, "Maybe if your baby boy hadn't gone home to take a nap, we wouldn't be in this fix."  Which is only partly true, because whether Demi-god is there or not, we still can't braze parts we don't have.  

All that to say, don't expect regular posting for the foreseeable future, because I'm tired.  I'm so tired that this morning, I thought this perfume was a Doctor Strange cloak ornament. 



On a positive note, some of my sunflowers are almost as tall as the house.  


But for now, you'll have to excuse me.  I'm going to bed. 

No comments: