Sunday, May 19, 2024

It's That Time Again


 It's that time again!

"And what time is that?" you may ask.

Well, I'll tell you.  It's that time of year when I start complaining about how tired I am.   I know, I know, you're tired of hearing about how tired I am, but it's my blog and I'll post what I want.  It's about to get even worse, because Group Leader Shark told us to start coming back in at 4:00 AM tomorrow.  

She said, "If these other departments can get all that overtime, we are too!"  But I don't want that much overtime.  Ten hours a day of my life is enough.  Alas, I'm not one of the privileged ones who gets to pick and choose which hours I want to work, so I have to work all the overtime.   

Heh, they drive us into the ground like dogs, then can't figure out why these young people don't want to work there. 

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I finished reading The Merry Wives Of Windsor, and I think it might be my new favorite -- or at least it's closely vying with The Comedy Of Errors.  I found a really good production of it on YouTube, too.   The man who plays Falstaff is spot on.  That channel has other Shakespeare plays that I'll have to check out, too.  Next up is Much Ado About Nothing, but I'm taking a quick break to read a YA dystopian novel called Tithe, by Clare Vale.   


So far, it's your typical YA Dystopian novel about a teenage girl -- only this one is 18 instead of 17-- in a post apocalyptic world.  I'm only on chapter 4, so I'll have to let you know how it goes. 

In other news, I'd intended to come home and fix my lawnmower yesterday after work, but I couldn't find my ratchet set.  Not that I looked very hard, because I was tired and didn't really want to do it anyway.  But while I was looking, I found something else I needed.

But first, you need a bit of back story.  A couple of years ago, I bought some mums to put onto my front porch.  That they're still alive is amazing in the first place, especially this one.  


The pot I'd put it into has absolutely no drainage whatsoever.  When it rains, the pot just fills up with water.  I'll put it onto the front porch to let it dry out, and somehow the plant survives.  Well, when I was looking for my rachets, I found this pot in the shed.  I think it was left behind by the previous owners.  Or else, it's one Beverly and James gave me when they moved.  I don't remember.  

The most important thing is, it has drainage holes!  This morning, I got out and re-potted the poor mum, so it should do OK now.    


I hope.  You can see the one behind it in the orange pot is so much healthier.  I bought it at the same time.  That's how important proper drainage is.  

On a similar note, remember last week when I planted some apple seeds in these cups?  Do you see what I see?

Something is growing in one of them.  We'll have to wait and see if it's an apple seedling or just one of the Cosmos seeds that suddenly decided to grow. I'll be sure to let you know. 

About the only other thing I've done this weekend was to cut and start drying some of my newer herbs.  I've got a pretty good system going, I think.   After I've cut and washed the herbs, I used old hangers to hang them in the closet in Cody's room until they're ready to be ground and bottled. 

I was trying to color code the tags -- green for mint, yellow for my lemon flavored things, and white for savory herbs -- but I ran out of both green and yellow tags.  I had to use the orange ones, but no matter.  It still works.  

No comments: