Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Livid

Well, I had a completely different post all planned out for you today.  I was going to talk about stuff that's going on at work and changes they're talking about making, and how what is the point of going in at 4:00 if we still have to stand around for three hours with no work to do, and how they're making us work this weekend and they can't even give us a holiday weekend.

But all that went out the window when I got home and saw that someone had come and cut my grass. 

Without even asking me first.  Why would you do such a thing?????

It was the same guy I let cut it a couple of weeks ago -- and I know it was because he left me a note, then shut my broken storm door all the way so I almost couldn't even get into my house --but I'd told him then that it was just going to be that one time, and just because my lawn mower was broken.  I never told him to come cut it again.  

Not only that, I'd specifically told him NOT to cut the back yard, but for some reason, he took it upon himself to cut my back yard anyway.  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT???? Especially after I'd told you not to????

All my beautiful clover that I'd been saving for the bees and the deer....gone!

My little yellow flowers that I'd loved so much, and the purple ones that were just beginning to bloom...gone!  

My patch of plantain that I was so tenderly nurturing.  Even the dandelion patch I'd worked so hard to get to flourish...skint to the ground. 

I'm both furious and heartsick, and I don't even know what to do.  

Part of me wants to file criminal trespassing charges against him, but another part of me thinks that is taking things a bit too far.  I probably shouldn't be so angry over this, but I am.  This is my private property, and it's been violated.  

I know one thing, though.  He'd better not expect me to pay him.  

Because that ain't going to happen. 

No comments: