Monday, April 10, 2023

My Monday

 "Before you even ask",  I told my supervisor as he came around to pick up our paperwork at the end of the work day, " I'm going home and eating ice cream straight from the carton."

Which was a lie, but only because I don't have any ice cream.  If I did, that's absolutely what I'd have done. 

And no I did not come home and eat an entire dozen snickerdoodles, either.  

"Aw," he replied, "it can't have been that bad."  It can and it was.  Shorthanded, bad parts, incomplete orders all day long...We were so shorthanded they put one of the parts stagers on a machine.  I guess every one wanted a long weekend -- and just decided to take one.  

The day is not a total loss, though.  During one of the storms the other week, I had some branches fall in my yard.  I've been saying ever since that I was going to get out and get them up, after I sit down for a minute.  But you know, once I sit, I don't get back up.  This afternoon, I finally got them moved out of the middle of the yard.  I'd intended to cut some of the larger branches up for firewood, but I didn't get that far.  

What I did do is use Google Lens and positively identify another plant.  This one is Mock Strawberry. 


It is still edible, but not as tasty as real strawberries.  

You know, I'm so tired I can't even think, so I'm just going to end this right here and go take a shower.  

Good night, all. 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Night! Rest easy.