Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Monday's Ugly Sister

Even with all its problems -- parts messed up, shorthandedness, etcetera -- yesterday went by pretty quickly.  Today was a much better day, but ironically enough it just seemed to drag.   Plus it was hot again, so that just made things all the worse. 

It wasn't just me, either.  I had several coworkers looking repeatedly at the clock throughout this interminable day.  But at long last, the interminable day terminated and 

I got stuck in road construction...again.  They've been working on the highway near my house for nearly two weeks now, and unfortunately there is no other way to get to my road.  After work, I just want to get home, but no.  I have to sit in road construction.  Not for long, mind you -- maybe 5 minutes, but still.  

I just want to get home. 

I'll be so glad when they're done. 

Once I got home, I had the bright idea that I'd mow at least the side and back yards before the next round of rain came through.  Alas, it was not to be.  Turns out I didn't have any gas, either in the mower or in the gas can, and I wasn't about to go fight my way through road construction just to mow.  

Oh well, I didn't really want to mow anyway.  

OK, how's about a knitting update.  This is the hat I'm working on now.  


It'll be going to the Seaman's church ministry when I'm finished with it.  I think I might have enough of this yarn to knit at least one more, too.  

By the way, I watched a really good movie over the weekend called Mrs. Palfrey At The Claremont.  I watched it on Prime/FreeVee, but it may be available on other platforms, I don't know.  I highly recommend it.  Fair warning, you will need tissues.  Yeah verily, even your stony hearted blogger needed a tissue or two before it was all over. 

Speaking of tissues, I'm watching Diane Sawyer's interview with Jeremy Renner about his horrific accident back in January.  It's an absolute miracle he lived through that.  Hawkeye was my favorite Avenger as it is, so there were moments in there that I teared up ...just a bit. 

And finally, Google Lens wasn't much help in identifying this plant, so can any of my faithful readers help me out?  


It's a bushy type of plant, and it's got tiny purple flowers on it, and I'm talking maybe 1/4" wide, if that.  Maybe when a few more have opened up, it'll be easier to identify.   I'm thinking it might be a Cut - Leaved Crane's bill, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  If it is, it's a medicinal plant, so it can stay.  

I'll have to mark it somehow, so I don't accidentally mow it down.  Whenever I get around to mowing, that is...if it ever stops raining, I mean...

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

It's an interesting looking plant. Wish I could help. Alas, I don't know what it is.

I'm loving the brightness of the yarn youa re using.

Fortunately, this day did not drag for me. However, I'm currently feeling exhausted and debating on how much longer I should stay up.

Cheers!